5 quick self care tips for the holiday season8:39:00 AM
|Just done my 'Christmas morning run'|
Merry Merry Merry Christmas beautiful people,
Just from my morning run, I think I was the only one out there today but hey having a mental health diagnosis is a full time job that knows no holiday season and after years of struggling through the holidays, it is a small price to pay.
I am also excited to announce that it is 25 days into December without a trace of depression which is something I am still getting used to (Depression Free December - this is my 2nd, Yaaaaay ) ...I will definitely let loose later (I think we are painting a mural or something) but I just needed to make sure I have my rituals (routines) checked off.
If you (or someone you know has) have a mental health diagnosis, here are some tips to get your through this season
1. don't alter your routine/rituals massively as this may tip you over,
2. take your meds even if you are feeling happy and ok,
3. remember your limits and set your boundaries,
4. take time out for naps or air if you have to
5. ...and have lots and lots of FUN!!! (good fun though, health fun - if there is something like that)
How are you taking care of your mental health during this season?
Sending love and light,
Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.