Forgive/Release - Day 63/ #100DaysofMentalHealth8:08:00 AM
Happy Mashujaa Day beautiful people,
Thank you all for using the tab on the side to get in touch with me. I am dropping to point something out real quick; I have been picking guilt and grudges, bitterness and resentment vibes from your emails and I have seen how they are holding some of you hostage.
For those not Swahili speakers, Mashujaa is Heroes and today is heroes day here in Kenya and I would like to ask all of us to our own heroes today by taking the Day 63/ #100DaysofMentalHealth challenge; forgiveness (releasing).
All you have to do is;
1. take time out of the time you spend feeling guilty or replaying that grudge scene in your mind and list down
a) people (and things) you need to forgive (release)
b) people (and things) you need to be forgiven (released from) - yes you need to do both because none of us is perfect and we need balance in life
2. then seek wisdom on how to go about it (here are a few ideas depending on the situation)
- a face to face or emails or calls,
- let go without a word
-seek trusted experienced external help from a safe space,
- you may do a list and pray over it (then burn it),
- mirror rehearsals and constant affirmation,
- Quiet Time and meditation or scripture digging and breathing exercises or a period of praying and fasting
It is definitely not a one day process, you will be required to put some work into it, seek help from worthy sources if you must...whatever your method; remember your mind, body and soul are not vessels for grudges and guilt or bitterness and resentment.
Sending love and light,
Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.