A T T H E F E E T O F W I S D O M ::: Day 5/ #100DaysofMentalHealth

9:00:00 PM


Hi Beautiful People, 

Been out at the feet of wisdom hence the delay in putting out today's post.

Straight to it; One of the verses doing it for me this season is Titus 2:3-5 which talks about older women living lives that can be followed by the younger one and going a step further and pouring into their lives. I personally believe that it is one thing to be a role model and have people pour into your life, it is another to have time to show others how you made did it and mentor them to scale even higher than you but for me it's another level to sit under someone especially when people think you have made it because that's when you need it the most.

Through my work in mental health, a lot of people see me as a role model and have openly told me so...some have gone a step further and asked me to walk with them and after a few one on ones, I decided to concentrate on two project on the same; Leading a discipleship ministry which has a membership of 20 young ladies looking to honor their commitment to God and I host them every month as my house for Bible study and lead them in prayer every Wednesday morning at 7a...I also have a program called Spring by MMMF that provides tools for everyday life and has so far worked with 23 ladies with 2 getting funding for their projects.

You don't have to have won awards and travelled the world or be on TV and lists to be a role model or mentor. In everyday life, we all pour into people's lives, knowingly or unknowingly, and it's important to have people pouring into our lives, replenishing our cups.

And if you think you have made it, you are not beyond having people pouring into your life...people who will openly call you out and who you can be honest with and committed to your walk with.

I currently have 3 people doing that in the 3 main areas of my life - My personal walk with God, My ministry and My mission (yes there is a difference). It takes commitment and dedication to balance everything but as long as you aren't giving so much without replenishing or having so much inside and not dishing out, you are at a good spot...after all life is all about balance, right?

Follow my #100DaysofMentalHealth journey on Facebook and Instagram 

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe