On February 14th I rose up and danced, did you? #reasontorise, #1billionrising

11:53:00 AM

I rose up and danced to celebrate 10 years of Strength...10 years of being a rape survivor
On February 14th, I rose up and danced;
I rose up and danced with women and men in Nairobi's City Park,
I rose up and danced with women and men world over in different times zones united to end gender based violence, 
I rose up and danced for the woman from India who was gang raped and unfortunately died,
I rose up and danced for all the women and children raped during Post Election Violence in my country,
I rose up and danced for lesbians in South Africa, in Kenya, for StaceyAnn Chin raped to 'correct them,
I rose up and danced for all the women who suffer behind closed door,
I rose up and danced because rape in any country, in any setting is same...we all need to rise and stand up together,


I rose up and danced for myself, to celebrate 10 years of strength for exactly 10 years ago on Sunday 15th June 2003,I got raped, 
I rose up and danced because we are rape victims for as long as we remain so...I am a RAPE SURVIVOR singing a song of freedom every waking day, 
Rihanna's Man Down is the story of our lives,each year you become even stronger.
On Feb 14th I rose up and danced...did you?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe